Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Interested in creating a new date field based on notes in addition to Last Email, curious how to do it

Interested in creating a new date field based on notes in addition to Last Email, curious how to do it

HI! I use my ACT 17.1, and have a database that I use to manage 10s of thousands of contacts. 

We do pretty high volume work through our database, and our messages are split between email and messages within Linkedin. 

When we email, the messages record in our history and that's great. 

When we use any other platform, we're left using notes which is also fine. 

Historically we've always relied upon "Edit Date" as a field for knowing how recently we've communicated with someone, but it can be tricky when massive data updates occur, or we simply need to change an email for someone etc. 

I know that there's "Last Email" as an auto-update date field, but would it be possible to create a date field that is automatically updated anytime an email is recorded OR a note is recorded, but NOT when data is updated?

Thanks! 

Spencer 

Re: Interested in creating a new date field based on notes in addition to Last Email, curious how to do it

Hi Spencer,

I'm not aware of any way to create a date field that only updates when a certain criteria is met. There are "Last Update" fields that are built into the program such as "Last E-mail, Last Call Attempted, etc.." but you don't have the ability to create custom ones.

A workaround that may work for you is to click Lookup at the top of the screen and then click Contact Activity. This allows you to search for contacts that have changed or have not changed since a certain date. You can also choose what counts as a change by selecting from a list of options. You could simply modify the criteria to show contacts who have had notes added to the record since a date of your choosing.

I hope this information helps.

Peter