Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Integration with MS Office Fails- Help!

Tuned Listener

Integration with MS Office Fails- Help!

Hi,

I have the latest version of Act! Premium; however, the integration is not working.  When I try to sync my Outlook folders, I get a 'Syncronization failed' message.  When I try to write an email from Act synced to Outlook, I get:

'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'

When i try to write a document to Word; I get the following error message:

"Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Introp.Word.Application Class' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop._Application'.  This operation failed because the Query Interface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (Type_E.LIBNOTREGISTERED))."

For some reason, Act cannot speak to Office; yet, I can schedule an Act activity from within Outlook and it appears in Act; however, any Outlook activities don't appear/sync to ACT. 

Any ideas?

Great thanks,

Regalcap

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Integration with MS Office Fails- Help!

Here is an article with steps to resolve this issue: KB Article 21040

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thanks for your help- I have followed the instructions on the KB article you mentioned, to a tee, including removing some control sets, registry keys, as well as the assemblies.  However, the issue has not been resolved, and I still get the same message.  I have Act on my laptop (the issue is on my desktop), and I am planning this weekend to compare the assemblies, control sets, registries, etc to see what is the missing link.  I am hoping to find it somewhere.

If there is anything else I should be looking for, or if there is another solution, I would be very grateful! 

regalcap

Platinum Super Contributor

Following the article would have included uninstall/reinstall of Office and ACT! - if that was done, I would try the following:
- If this is a Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system, try 'Run as administrator'. To do this: close ACT!, right click on ACT! icon, select 'Run as administrator', test.
- Disable any anti-virus software (other than Windows firewall), then test. If no error, re-enable and add exceptions to the anti-virus software. Test.
- Create a new Windows user profile > test with the new profile.
Greg Martin
Sage