Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Integration service with outlook

Integration service with outlook

Hey,

i have a problem with the integration service with outlook. i have planified an automatic integration : evry one minute, after some hours, the service is blocked.

Please, are there someone who had the same problem.

Thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Integration service with outlook

Hi,

when requesting help, it would be helpfull to add some info´s

you may want to read this blog entry, and then return with all the data needed.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Database/Contact_Management/ACT/A_679-How-to-Get-Faster-Technical-Su...

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Bronze Super Contributor

at a guess, if it's checking the mailbox every minute, and your mail client (i.e. outlook) is checking, then it's exceeding a setting your mail provider has set, typically it's set to allow for no more than one check for mail every minute. 

Set it to once every 5 min for both Act Integration and for Outlook and it'll likely work perfectly.

Ben.

Thank you for your raplay,

I intalled ACT in diffirent machines, the server is on windows 2008 server R2 Entreprise 64 bits, and the clients are on windows 7 service pack1 and 32 bits, i disabled the synchroniation on the clients machines, so only the server do the synchronization. The version of outlook is 2010.

if you need any other information, tell me that plz, i really need your help.

thanks a lot. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Act is not supporting a sync with exchange, you allways need a outlook profile in place.And if you have a outlook profile on your server, you are probably not logged in, and this will cause exactly the same issue.

i assume you are wanting this feature to sync the act contacts with your mobile phone? in that case we strongly recomend to look at

Handheldcontact, as this is the only way to avoid 100% duplicates/datalos on Contacts/Calender.

if you need ACT to Sync with your Exchange Calender, we then recomend to look at companionlink

due to the need of assigning contacts/companys to a activity, we strongly recomend to use only ACT or handheldcontact to assign activitys, as any activitys that you assign via outlook will not be assigned to any company/contact/group/opportunity

Regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Thank you Ben for your replay,

I tried 15 min but the problem is the same.

Thank you ilange for you replay,

For the moment i enabled just the sych of the calendar, but not the synch of contacts.

I have an outlook profil on the server, i have already done the sycn, it worked very fine, i saw all the appointements on my outlook calendar, but the problem is : after just some hours, the service integration process is blocked, so the sycn is stoped. 

Best regards.

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do not sync Contacts - Outlook causes these to start to duplicate!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Hey dshaw111,

I didn't sync contacts, i only sync the calendar, i tried also to do sync with gmail, but i had the same problem.

I don't know how to resolve this problem. 

Copper Super Contributor

how can you synch calendar without the contacts for the calendar to relate? My synch efforts always pause at about 1/10 of green bar.