Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Integration between outlook 2010 version 14.7106.5001 (32 Bit) and ACT! premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

jsk
Astute Commentator

Integration between outlook 2010 version 14.7106.5001 (32 Bit) and ACT! premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

I am attempting to integrate ACT! premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3 with MS Outlook 2010 (32 bit). Our office has multiple machines (All windows 7 64 bit) that sign on to a domain hosted by Server 2008 R2. All act users access a database that is hosted on one of the windows 7 machines.

I can integrate outlook with ACT! but I am finding that after the users log on the next day the link has been broken. The histories are not being created when e-mails are sent or when the quick attach button is pressed. In some cases I can go through the "E-mail System Setup" in ACT! and then histories are created (although I don't want to have to do this everyday). 

I went through kb article 19948. When I started I found that act.outlook.service.exe was running on the pc that hosts the database. I stopped the service as it tells me to do in step 7 of "history Queue folder". I then located the act.outlook.service.exe and tried to restart the process but I can't seem to do so. I can't seem to start the service on any pc that has ACT! downloaded on it

I also found that on my registry I didn't have the Qpath item so I created it. This file isn't on any pc's registry that has ACT! downloaded onto it.

I cleared the History Queue Folder and have found that when I press the"quick attach" button 2 files are created in this folder. 

I also attempted following KB articles 23701, & 26713.

Could this have something to do with the fact that these computers login to our domain server? What concerns me the most is that the act.outlook service doesn't startup although it is set to runupon startup of the pc.

jsk
Astute Commentator

Re: Integration between outlook 2010 version 14.7106.5001 (32 Bit) and ACT! premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

I should clarify that the ACT! exe won't run unless set to compatability mode (windows xp service pack 3).

Re: Integration between outlook 2010 version 14.7106.5001 (32 Bit) and ACT! premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

jsk,

There are several things that I can think of that can cause similar behavior.  In the past when I run into this issue it's usually system or profile security options that cause this.  Pretty much the options aren't being saved properly in the prefrences file, or Outlook is dropping the connections because of an antivirus trying to block certain addins.

Are your user profile roaming, or local?  I ask because I did see a roaming profile and a login script that caused the integration to fail.

The easiest way to rule out profile issues is to create a new local profile to one computer, set up the integration, restart the computer, and check the integration.

On the second post: When you run Act! without turning on Compatibility mode, what happens?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
jsk
Astute Commentator

We are using profile roaming.

We currently run AVG anti-virus.

when you run not in compatability mode it cycles like it is trying to start up but nothing happens.

I know that I can run this with a local user as the pc i'm using used to be at my house and the integration was fine. The problems started when I brought it in and was added to the server.

JSK

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Integration between outlook 2010 version 14.7106.5001 (32 Bit) and ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

This is what I think is happening. When ACT is fired up the link to the hosting machine is not connected. During ACT startup time the connection is made but by then the ACT Outlook link has been broken. This can happen when ACT is not server based. To resolve create a shortcut on your desktop to the folder where the ACT database is stored. When you log on to your machine and before firing up ACT or Outlook click on the shortcut. This will connect the link. Now run ACT and Outlook. I know this sounds odd but it has worked with a number of clients where we could not solve the problem any other way. You can also try using the URL link address if a mapped drive is currently being used as the path in the pad file.

jsk
Astute Commentator

Re: Integration between outlook 2010 version 14.7106.5001 (32 Bit) and ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

Unfortunately that didn't work.

jsk
Astute Commentator

We are using profile roaming.

We currently run AVG anti-virus.

when you run not in compatability mode it cycles like it is trying to start up but nothing happens.

I know that I can run this with a local user as the pc i'm using used to be at my house and the integration was fine. The problems started when I brought it in and was added to the server.

Any suggestions?