Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing Update 10.0.3 abd the SQL Update

Installing Update 10.0.3 abd the SQL Update

Does anybody know if installing the 10.0.3 Act update solve the update problem with the SQL Server 2005 security update KB948109?

I know have several machines with this problem and installing on shutdown did not work on all of them?

Thanks

Darrell

Re: Installing Update 10.0.3 abd the SQL Update

Darrell,

A workaround has been found by GLComputing posted in the topic below:

SQL patch from Microsoft failed - do we need it with ACT 10?

"What worked was Shutting down Windows, but selecting Install Updates and Shutdown instead of the normal Shutdown or Restart"

DLUNCEFORD:  This is not a flame, but merely a request that you slow down a bit and read the posts before responding.  I understand that you have lots to keep up with and only so many hours in a day to do it all in.  I also know that you usually do an excellent job of helping us in here which is greatly appreciated, but...

Your response as posted herein does not appear to address the originator's problem; S/He specifically stated that using install updates and shut down did not work for them.

This is of interest to me as I am having the same problem and am looking to ACT! to help resolve it for us.  I may be wrong, I often am.  If so, please accept my apology.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Let me do further research and will get back to both of you as soon as I find a proper solution.

Thank you for your patience.

[ Edited ]

Thank you, David.

FWIW, I did try the install and shut down on my systems, but the SQL patch did not install and re-appears in my installation queue after restart and looking for updates.  I am most interested in what you and your team come up with as I would like to get this patch installed and close the reported exposure.

Anthony

Message Edited by AnthonyInTexas on 08-05-2008 11:09 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Anthony and Darrell,

In an effort to help us find a solution, I have some follow up questions for you.

What are the machines that you are getting the failed update on? Are they Vista or XP? If they are Vista, what version? Ie: Home Premium, Business, etc. In either case, what service pack is currently on the machine? SP 2 or 3 on XP, SP 1 on Vista?

If you could provide this feedback, it would be appreciated. 

Amanda 

Amanda,

I am running Vista Home Premium with all curent updates via MS-Update (including SP1).  Machines are late model (2008) HP laptops with dual core processors, 4gb RAM, and some have one 320gb HDD and others have dual 320gb HDD.  Plenty of machine to handle it.

Thank you.

Anthony

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the info, it's very helpful.

Amanda 

Hi Amanda, All the machines are XP professional with service pack 3. regards Darrell