Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing Sage Premium 2013

Installing Sage Premium 2013

Hi all,

Our company recently purchased Sage Premium 2013 and just hired a guy to install the program in a server (Windows 2008RT).  Each user is given a key to login to the shared database.  However, what we really want is each desktop/laptop to have the program installed so we can use it while offline with data/contact update when internet connection is available.  I don't know if this option is possible. 

Anyway I tried doing this myself first by downloading the Sage ACT! Premium 2013 (access via web) SP1 Update - CA (314mb) and Sage ACT! Premium 2013 SP1 Update - CA (122mb).  I tried installing and when I am in the preparing to install screen, it said "The version of Sage ACT! detected is not compatible with this update. This update will nw exit.  I tried clicked both file and both ended up the same with the same message pop up. 

I tried calling and honestly I am quite disappointed by the way how the question is handled.  The person on phone said (today) because I am using Windows 8 so there will be noway around this since no fix came out yet.  I knew this is not possible because I knew there is an update back in January and upon checking with her coworker she apologized.  She then told me because I am downloading the Canadian version and not the US version so it won't work.  After the phone conversation,  I tried download the same files in US version and the same question pop up again. 

I have not previously install any Sage product on this laptop. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing Sage Premium 2013

1. The "Access via Web" version is only for running on a web server
2. The "Update" is only if you have ACT! 2013 already installed
3. SP1 does run on Windows 8 ... but you need to have the 2013 installed first
4. You should look into "synchronization" to have ACT! running on the laptops when there is no connection
Astute Commentator

If you've never installed any Sage product ob the laptop, then you need to be installing the full version... not the update version. The file you downloaded is to update an older version of ACT... not a clean install.
Silver Contributor

Sounds to me like you are running an update for ACT for Web when you have the desktop probram installed.  . That would explain the not compatible message.  Make sure you install the premium desktop link not web.  

from the sounds of your comment you aren't using or don't need the web client.

Once you get the desktop client installed and SP1 for Desktop installed, you should then install sync service.  (we prefer Network sync)

HEre is a kb article for installation of network sync.  http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30293/~/how-to-install-and-configure-sage-a...

Hang in there, I don't think your are that far off!

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nickel Super Contributor

The currently installed version already has Service Pack 1 on Server and Users Computers ??

I suggest to get the support of a Certified Consultant

*** Some highlights of the minimum system requirements ***

Supported Operating Systems (Servers and Users) ACT! 2013 PREMIUM

• Windows Server 20085 SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Windows Server 20085 R2 (64-bit)

Works With

Microsoft® Office 2003, 2007, and 2010   (32-bit version only)   (SP3 recommended for Office 2003, SP2 recommended for Office 2007, and SP1 recommended for Office 2010)

1. How to Install And Configure Sage ACT! Internet Synchronization Service for Sage ACT! Premium 2013

BEST REGARDS,

Thank you all for replying.  I know it is a stupid question but I can't seem to find a link to download the sage premium 2013.  I found one that is from uk, https://support.sage.co.uk/default.aspx?page=22&did=610930c4-9b3d-4e4b-ae13-05c7090a2218 .  Is there any difference?

As for why I downloaded the update or web access verison, I was instructed by the Sage representative over the phone.  Anyway, thanks for all the response thus far. I really appreciate it. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Where did you purchase it from? They should usually provide you the software (or a link to download it)
Astute Commentator

I'm pretty sure that the Canadian version and the US version are the same... in which case, you just need to go to Sage's website, download the trial version of Premium 2013 for desktop, install that on your new computer, and then enter in one of your license keys into that computer as well. You should verify with Sage that the Canadian version is the same as the US version before you do it, but I'm pretty sure they are. Even if its not though, you can probablhy just uninstall it. I'd probably give it a try... its a client workstation and not your main installation. I would be a little more worried to experiment if it was your main installation.

Astute Commentator

Actually.... I am doing some new installations today, and I'm installing the USA version. When it asks me what region I'm in, there are only 3 choices... USA, Canada, and Latin America. I do think that the Canadian version and the USA version are the same.