Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing Act Premium 2011

Installing Act Premium 2011

I have a Windows 2008 SP2 System running/installed CA ArcServe Backup v15. ArcServe Backup v15 uses SQL database.

The first custom install placed the Act SQL files in the same folder as the ArcServe files, e:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server.

I performed a second custom install of Act and chose different paths e:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Act. The folllowing error is now displayed

Sage ACT! Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running or disabled.\n\nSystem.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service MSSQL$ACT7 on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the path specified
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start()
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.CheckSQLStatus(String strUser, String strPassword, String srcPath, String strBuildType, String strBldProduct)

Any ideas??? ArcServe backup services and related SQL Services are running.

Employee

Re: Installing Act Premium 2011

I would recommend running through the following article for manually removing the Act 7 instance of SQL

Once complete, i would disable all current SQL services and then install manually from this article for the express version of SQL  or if you are using the standard version of SQL install as per this article