Do you mean 

Installing ACT V22 and AVG

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Silver Contributor
Accepted Solution

Installing ACT V22 and AVG

[ Edited ]

It is very important that if you install ACT V22 you disable AVG antivirus before installing. A component in the installation package is currently marked on AVGs black list so will block the installation. Turn back on once installation completed. This will probably be resolved in the next few days by AVG. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎03-24-2020 05:26 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Installing ACT V22 and AVG UPDATE

UPDATE - March 2020

My original post was shortly after the launch of ACT V22. Since then AVG has updated its malware list and the problem components in the ACT installation software have since been marked safe by AVG.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎03-24-2020 05:26 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Installing ACT V22 and AVG UPDATE

UPDATE - March 2020

My original post was shortly after the launch of ACT V22. Since then AVG has updated its malware list and the problem components in the ACT installation software have since been marked safe by AVG.

Highlighted

Re: Installing ACT V22 and AVG and Kaspersky

I just bought the last version V22.1 and during installation Kaspersky throws the error Kaspersky has detected : PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic and the location is in the actupdatecheck.exe part of the ACT installation file.

Why on earth would I disable my Virus software if I am getting that message about a Trojan? I did it a month ago on my old machine and it destroyed. Literally crapped the bed right in front of me. Has taken a month to get up the nerve to try to install it and right away I get the same message with the same virus! .

Oh the Kaspersky header also say Application Performing suspicious activity characteristic of malware.