Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT Premium 2011 on a server

Installing ACT Premium 2011 on a server

I am trying to utilize a web-based hosting company (myhosting.com) to host Sage Act 2011 Premium so that 5 users at my location can utilize the same database with 5 different licenses (of course). The server has Windows Server 2008 and you access it by utilizing remote desktop. I am not that tech savy, but would like to complete the setup myself. I know ACT will not help with this because the product is no longer supported and also because I am not utilizing them for the hosting, so my question is are there any instructions on setting this up on a server and adding users?

Silver Contributor

Re: Installing ACT Premium 2011 on a server

Start by looking at the admin guide after you install hte program.  A word of caution when using an older version of ACT for web.  The quality of the experience is heavily dependant on the compatibility and configuration of the web browser utilized.  Given that this is older software, your users MUST use the older and difficult to obtain browser software to make it happen.  As a prerequisite, you will also need to install and configure IIS prior to installing ACT for Web.

Please note, there are risks here both to the server itself, and misconfiguring could leave your data exposed.  Read the admin guide and search the ACT Knowledge base before attempting on a production server.  It's sometimes a lot harder to recover from a botched install than to just start from scratch.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider