Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installed ACT Premium V21 but became ACT Premium Plus

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Installed ACT Premium V21 but became ACT Premium Plus

Hi, I want to ask. After I installed ACT Premium V21, It became ACT Premium Plus. Why is like that? the software I downloaded from same page. which is this page https://www.act.com/en-uk/download/download-act!-premium-v21 
Before this, I already installed on a few PCs in my office. But, only this PC, I'm facing this problem. Actually, before this we are using ACT 2012.So, I removed the old version first before installing the V21. Why I got this issue?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Installed ACT Premium V21 but became ACT Premium Plus

ACT Premium and ACT Premium Plus are the same programme but the Plus version has the table builder option enabled. It is dependant on the licence that is put in which it detects and either enables or not the extra function.

Having said all that we have had issues where the software has incorrectly enabled the plus version for a premium licence and it is normally where something has gone wrong in the installation.

You could try removing the licence and then adding it back in. Failing this a reinstallation might resolve but the plus version should work with the other Premium versions on a shared database and you may find that it automatically revert back to Premium.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I did tried reinstalling but the result still same. But, I will try it back. If I keep install and uninstall the license, it's no problem, right?
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Unless it is causing operational issues I would just leave it as it should work with the other Premium machines on a shared network.

As part of development requirements I have even been able to Sync the 2 versions where the server was Premium and the Remote was Premium Plus without an issue.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

But, when you installed the premium plus. where do you put a license key? because if I'm not mistaken, only premium plus key are allowed.