Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installed ACT! Premium Hotfix....had to register again afterwards is this the norm?

Installed ACT! Premium Hotfix....had to register again afterwards is this the norm?

Greetings!

We have only been using ACT! Premium for Workgroups since last fall.  We are still with version 9 (2007) because we still have some users on Windows 2000....once we get them all migrated to XP we will look at upgrading to version 10 (already paid for and sitting on the shelf because we have upgrade assurance).

Anyway, I was having problems with an new DLL that was created for us to customize ACT! (using the SDK).  Anyway I thought I would make sure I had the most recent version so I went to Help-->ACT! Update.... and it said I was running the most recent version.  I then went to the ACT! website because I had heard at the Sage Summit that there might be a Hotfix released in late 2007 or early 2008.  There was (Hotfix 3) so I ran it.  First I don't know why it wasn't picked up when I used the update feature of the application.  But then after running it I had to reregister ACT! (enter the serial #, register over internet or phone).  Good grief!!  Is this really necessary....is there a technical reason for it?  Will this happen with every update/hotfix?  What has your experience been?  We have 20 users and might look at doubling that in the future but hassles like this is what may really slow user adoption (and support) or turn them to look for alternative products.

Let me know what you think?  I'm not trying to slam Sage or ACT!...I'm genuinely curious if this is what we can expect.  Thanks!
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Installed ACT! Premium Hotfix....had to register again afterwards is this the norm?

It is not abnormal to need to re-register after applying Hotfix 3. The reason for this is it also contains Hotfix 2 which contained a registration fix.

Re: Installed ACT! Premium Hotfix....had to register again afterwards is this the norm?

Ah....THANKS!  I don't mind re-registering after applying a patch that contains registration fixes.  Glad to know that it is not the norm for all hotfixes.