Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installation issues

Installation issues

Hi,

I am trying to install Sage Act 2012 premium on an existing SQL server. I created the ACT7 instance as described in acticle 27039. The installation does not see the ACT7 instance. It is visible in other SQL browsers and the SQL browser service on the machine is running.

When the installation of Act is started, it checks for an existing SQL environment. Does anybody have an idea what is checked??

PS installing the Express Edition that comes with the installation works OK, but is not desirable in the current environment.

Best regards,

Mario

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Installation issues

Greetings ... did you reviewed the list of services??   is the SQL ServerACT7 Service?...    (Start... Run...  services.msc - Enter)

Yes, all services are started, including the ACT7 SQL. The server is visible in any SQL browser.

The ACT installation just doesn't pick it up.

Best regards,

Mario

Platinum Super Contributor

What is the version of SQL in which the instance was created?
Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

The SQL version is MS SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise.

I also made the ACT7 Instance on a  2008 R2 Express Edition, the ACT installer does not see the instance.

As I mentioned earlier: installing on a clean server (without SQL installed) and let the Act installer install the SQL EE works fine.

So the Act Installer does not detect the existing ACT7 SQL instance.

It shows up in any SQL browser.

Best regards,

Mario

Platinum Super Contributor

Mario,
If you haven't been able to resolve this, I'd have to recommend that you contact your local Sage ACT! support group for further assistance.
Greg Martin
Sage

Still not solved. You may lock this post.