Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installation issues with Act Premium 2006 and Windows Server 2003 -- PLEASE HELP!!!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Installation issues with Act Premium 2006 and Windows Server 2003 -- PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm trying to install ACT 2006 Premium on Windows server 2003. If I do the server installation, it tells me that i don't have rights to HKLM\Microsoft\windows\...  and i'm logged in as the machine's local administrator.

If i try to install the MSDE version, it gets to a point where it tells me to insert disk 2, which i do, and then click OK and it tells me that the installation failed.

Anyone have any advice??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mchumash
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Installation issues with Act Premium 2006 and Windows Server 2003 -- PLEASE HELP!!!

Issue resolved. Installed a plain installation of SQL 2000 and after that it worked. Thanks for any help!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Re: Installation issues with Act Premium 2006 and Windows Server 2003 -- PLEASE HELP!!!

It's been a while since I installed ACT 2006 on a server, but you might wish to install the SQL Server from DIsk 2 first, then run the setup from disk one after.

I would also suggest you runt he setup through the Add/Remove programs applet to provide support for Terminal Services.

Keep in mind that ACT 2006 uses SQL2000, so be sure you do not have SQL2005 installed on your Server to support another application.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

I tried both installations, the sql 2000 server, that one tells me that i don't have rights to make changes on HKLM\microsoft\windows\... even though i'm logged in as the machine's local administrator.

When i try the app installation it tells me to insert disk 2 and then fails after I click OK.

I hear rumor that it won't install with SP2, so i backed out SP2 and tried it with SP1 and it still doesn't work.

If I install Windows 2000 Server that did NOT coming with ACT, will the software possibly still install afterwards? or does it have to be ACT's own version of SQL?

Solution
Accepted by topic author mchumash
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Issue resolved. Installed a plain installation of SQL 2000 and after that it worked. Thanks for any help!