Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Install configuration problem?

Install configuration problem?

I have ACT premium for web 2008, installed and working on an internal server which everybody (internal) can access w/o any problem.  We want to make the database accessible to external sales people hosted on an external server through a hosted service such as godaddy.com and then to sync the data back between the two servers.  External people would use the external website. The ACT sales people said this could be done, no problem as good sales people will do.  Tech people have been less than helpful to say the least.  Am I missing something obvious somewhere, does anybody else have such a configuration, is this possible?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Install configuration problem?

I don't know godaddy.com, but there are many ACT! hosting companies that offer solutions like this.

The remote users can either access the data via Web or sync them to local copies.

Are you having any specific issues that you can't resolve?

Getting/exporting the web page out to the remote/hosted godaddy site.  I exported the database and the site can supports asp.net (which is an ACT requirement).  I'm assuming the problem is actually getting the actual webpages uploaded/exported to the website appears to be the issue.  I have to be missing something really obvious. 
Platinum Elite Contributor