Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Install Problem

Install Problem

My coworker is trying to install Premium 2013 and her computer and encounter the message "Sage ACT! Pre-requisite has encountered an error and now needs to close." This is after the cmd windows pop up and said something about installing windows R2 SQL. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Install Problem

Hello woodeasy,
Please see if the information in the following Knowledgebase article helps resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2848...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

THank you for the message.  I followed and have to go to  http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26994

where a custom SQL Server installation is necessary.  I followed and at the installation error pop up "SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:  There was an error generating the XML document.  Error code 0x84B10001."  This is very strange for my coworker. 

That error may be caused by a missing key in your Windows registry. See this KB article for instructions to fix:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2766...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks.  I completed the installation but when I try to restore a remote database (I was given a remote.rdb file).  A window popped up saying "failed to restore remote database.  The SQL Database instance is unavilable."  What should I do?  Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

The first step is to verify if the SQL installation created the 'ACT7' instance.  Use the following article to determine if the service exists; if it does, use the instructions to Start it: KB Article 28216

Greg Martin
Sage

What if I cannot locate any "ACT7" or "SQL Server Browser" in the services.msc?  This is in fact what is happening now.  The installation is smooth without problem.

Platinum Super Contributor

That is an indication that the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation was not complete.  Here is an article with instructions for installing the necessary components: KB Article 25198

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks, I tried but it is the "There was an error generating the XML document.  Error code 0x84B10001" error I mentioned earlier. 

[ Edited ]

Have you verified the appropriate registry key from article 27663 is present? If it is, then try changing the value data to:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming (if different)

Greig Hollister