Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Install ACT Premium 2011 for Web over ACT Premium

Tuned Listener

Install ACT Premium 2011 for Web over ACT Premium

Hello,

We do use a Server-Client enviroment with a Win2008 Server machine as server (Act Premium 2011 installed) and client notebooks with remote databases.

We would like to access our databese not only over LAN and by remote database, but also over the internet vie web access.

I know, for that I have to install the Act Premium for web version of the software. (We have both installations CD's in the box).

Installation stopped, as if found "another" version of ACT already installed. Looks like I have to uninstall the "act premium" version before I can install the "act premium for web" version. 

What will happen to my database, and to my remote databases if I do so?

Do I have to generate new remote databases again, or are the syncronisaton settings not affected if I uninstall the current,  and reinstall the web version ?

Thanks,

trikepilot

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Install ACT Premium 2011 for Web over ACT Premium

Unistalling and reinstalling should not affect your remote sync as it does not change the properties of the database. Just make sure you update the web version to the same version you hard of the Windows version (service packs, hot fixes).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.