Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Insert Notes & Drop Down Lists

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Insert Notes & Drop Down Lists

Hi All,

I have looked for information concerning the following an was not able to get a solution to my problems:

1) When a user is in the Note tab in the Contact Layout, it looks like the user can change the Recod Manager of the person inserting the note. I'm not sure why this would be set as the default because whoever inserts the note should be the one who is recorded as entering the note. Is there a way to make this field unavailable and default to the user entering the note? For example, My Salesperson inserts a note and above the details section there is a drop down list for Record Manager which includes all the Salespeople and Users. So if My Salesperson enters a note they can change the Record Manager to User 1 for example.

2) I have a drop down list with approximately 105 items. Is this list limited to the amount of items you can have in it? When I go to the drop down on the Contact Layout the list begins 11 items down from the top not even allowing me to scroll up to see the addtional items. They are alphabetic and the list begins with c but I don't know why. Any ideas?

3) Also, with regard to lists, is there any way to create subcategories in lists? For example, I may have Main Groups for my list and then single items listed below those Main Items.

For example:

Products

Amenities

My Design Amenities

My New Design

etc. Is ths possible?

4) When I create a secondary contact and press the CTL+H to add History, why can't I see this secondary contact? I want to be able to list my secondary contact as the person I spoke with. How do I do this?

Thank you for your help!

Linda

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Insert Notes & Drop Down Lists

Actually I resolved my list problem where items weren't showing up - I had the field set to 10 characters so those items longer than that did not appear in the list. Thank goodness it was just a dumb oversight on my part!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Insert Notes & Drop Down Lists

Actually I resolved my list problem where items weren't showing up - I had the field set to 10 characters so those items longer than that did not appear in the list. Thank goodness it was just a dumb oversight on my part!