Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Information view changed when put on new pc

Copper Contributor

Information view changed when put on new pc

[ Edited ]

A database that was created on 2009 and then converted to 2010 upgraded database was backed up to a USB stick and restored it to another pc with the 2010 upgraded ACT. When I restored the database to the 2nd pc, the information view changed from the original view.  In the original version, I can see all the fields on the screen. The original was set to basic layout size of 1024x768-I have many fields of information that I like to see at once, like the original view. However, with the new pc, there are scroll bars that I must use in order to view all  the information screen.

I'm unsure how to correct the contact's information view on the 2nd pc to be like the original version. I will be reloading ACT on my main pc, and needed to use the 2nd one in case things don't go perfectly for me. Does anyone know what I  need to do?

Thank you, Judy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Information view changed when put on new pc

Sounds like the second computer has a lower screen resolution or the video driver is set to large fonts.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Precisely! Thank you Roy!! I completely overlooked the size of the screens and resolution. I was so focused that I made an error that I didn't look at the obvious! Thank you very much! Have a great day. Judy

Copper Contributor