Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Industry

Re: Industry

Hi Cherie,

Sorry where abouts on left hand side could i find field selection all i have is Contacts, Groups, Companies, Calendar, Task List,

Opportunity list, Dashboard, email and internet services..

I have played around with layout and I still cant find it.

You must think I am so dumb..I certainly feel it !

Copper Elite Contributor

That sounds like just your main ACT layout with the navigation pane to the left.  What I was talking about needs to be done the the Layout designer, which you can access by going to the menu bar at the top under Tools -> Design Layouts -> Contact.  That will load a different screen called layout designer.

Please refer to this article for how to add fields to your layout:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15332/kw/layout%20designer/session/L3RpbWUv...

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Hi Cherie,

thank you so much for all you guidance however that last instruction you gave me I cannot do anything with cause it is not available. I need to contact the person who installed the software to unlock this function..Now I understand that I have limited access to do things that are necessary for me to do certain reports.

I really appreciate your patience,  have a great week. Angy

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Angy

If all those options are greyed out for you, then you are likely just a Standard User in the ACT database.  To be able to edit layouts and the like you need to have either Manager or Administration level access.  These can be set via Manage Users by the User that is the Adminstrator.

Hope that helps.

Cherie Buttsworth
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Hi again, no one here seems to know here who the administrator is...how would i find out ? Is there someone here in sydney australia that would be able to help ? Can i go through you ?

cheers Angy

Solution
Accepted by topic author angy@youvebeengifted.com.au
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've sent you a PM with our contact details.

Cherie Buttsworth
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au