Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Individual User rights in Act Premium 2009

Individual User rights in Act Premium 2009

So, I know I can go into the "Manage Users" section, and change a user from "Standard" to "Restricted", if I don't want them to do things like delete a contact. Is there a way to modify an individual's rights to allow certain features, without this process? Say I want them to be a Restricted user, but I also want them to have access to the "Task" feature?  Is there somewhere to turn on/off individual features for a certain user?

Mick

Re: Individual User rights in Act Premium 2009

[ Edited ]

No, there aren't any custom permissions to turn off/on features for users.  Below are the custom permissions that can be set on the users.

Custom permissions include:

• Accounting link tasks - Lets the user install and use an Accounting/back-office link.
  • Handheld device sync - Lets the user synchronize ACT! with handheld devices.
  • Remote administration - Lets the user back up, restore, and check and repair a remote database they belong to.
  • Export to Excel - Lets the user export data in a list view to Excel.
  • Delete records - Lets the user delete contacts, companies, groups, activity series, notes, histories, opportunities, and secondary contacts the user owns.

Security Levels in ACT!

Message Edited by dlunceford on 01-08-2009 09:25 AM