Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Individual Quote template issues

Individual Quote template issues

Hello all

I hope there is an easy fix for this. We have 3 sales team members that we would like to have the ability to pull up their own personalized quote form when the click "Create a Quote" when they are in their opportunities tab. Currently, when they cilck, it pulls up a form that they must enter their own contact info into each time.

Is there a way to create 3 individual quote forms that pull up for the appropriate sales team member? They all have their own log in credentials and thought that there might be a way to create a "profile" for them that keeps their preferences on which quote template they can pull up.

We don't have money to spend on any add ons and hope there is a way to do this 'in house'.

thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Individual Quote template issues

Hello Nate1021,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Modifications can be made to the Quote template, but you have to be careful how much and what is changed so that the embedded Excel sheet is not affected. 

The Quote template is designed to pull the current user (user signed on) information.  If your users have not populated their 'My Record' information, that could be a reason you do not see the information. Perform Lookup > My Record for them to view their records.

You can view the Quote template and see the fields that it will auto-populate by going to Write > Edit Template > select Quote.adt. 

If you decide to edit the template, be sure to create a backup of the quote.adt first.  Note: If something happens to the quote template, it can also be replaced by the copy within the demo database.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Individual Quote template issues

Thanks Greg

That worked like a charm Smiley Happy