Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Indices under my folder C:\ProgramData\Act\ACT Data\Indices - Need to move to D:

Indices under my folder C:\ProgramData\Act\ACT Data\Indices - Need to move to D:

Hello,

I run Sage ACT! 2012 for WIndows.

I have successfully moved my Database from C:\ (SSD) over to D:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT for Windows 12\Databases\ (my hard drive).

However, I have noticed that the Indices folder is taking up 12,7 GB of needed space on my SSD (C:\ProgramData\Act\ACT Data\) - actually much more than the database itself... and it has two folders; (1) One named the same as the database, and (2) on named same as the database_Attachments.

How can I easily move all the content in the Indices folder to the D: drive as well?

Also, do I need the ActData (RegistrationData) and the Mobility folder on C:\ProgramData\Act\, or can I just move this to the ProgramData folder on D: as well.

Thanks!

Regards,

Roger

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Indices under my folder C:\ProgramData\Act\ACT Data\Indices - Need to move to D:

Here is an article with instructions for recreating the Indices folder in a different location: KB Article 28454

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Indices under my folder C:\ProgramData\Act\ACT Data\Indices - Need to move to D:

Hello,

Excellent, Greg! This solved my problem.

For other ACT! users, these two instructions in the article you pointed me to, worked a bit different for me:

"9: While in the installation directory, double click on file Act.Server.Host.exe to restart the service."

Did not work for me. I had to restart the service from the Windows Task Manager, and ActService under Services.

"10. Opening the database will trigger the creation of the new Indices folder in the designated location."

Did not work for me. The Indices folder was not created by itself. I created it manually, and did include "Indices" as part of the desired located (baseIndexFolder="D:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT Data\Ìndices") when editing the Act.Server.Host.exe.config file (see the instructions line no. 7).

Best regards,

Roger

I have this same exact problem at one of my remote sites, but no matter how many times I repeat the steps, it keeps recreating the indices folder on the C drive.  Does anyone have any other ideas on this?

Tuned Listener

Hi martin,

I had same issue as mentioned her in this post. My more concern was the Indices folder which created on C:\ drive and whic increases day by day, is there any need of this folder. At time i delete the content in the folder which did not effect ACT functioning.

Please guide me to get rid of this folder which take huge space.

My client is fedup with deleting the content in it always.

Details:

ACT Version: ACT! V.15 Premium for Web

Bronze Contributor

If you want to do Universal search, you do not delete this folder - you move it.  Without it Universal Search doesn't work.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

JM
Nickel Contributor

Tuned Listener

Hey JM,

Thank you for your updates, i will check them and try to implement. If all works well will inform you accordingly .

Regards,

Aasif

aasifs@aariasoft-tech.com

Try disabling indexing  in windows

Had a system today ran out of Disc space today, I was looking all over and this was the folder that was filling up the drive is there a way to disable this from saving to the drive and filling up the drive and causing disc space to fill up.