Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Index-1 does not have a value Error

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Index-1 does not have a value Error

Rheide,

Just to verify: are you receiving the 'Index -1' error once shortly after opening the database (click OK and continue working in db) or are you receiving the error while performing a function (preventing you from completing the function)?

If you are receving the error once shortly after opening the database, click OK, and continue working - that is a known issue and there is no fix available at this time (other than upgrade to ACT! 2012). 

If the error is preventing you from performing a function, please post details as to what you are attempting when the error is presented.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,
We are receiving the issue upon opening the database.

If possible, can you help shed some light on the overall issue?

A few questions if you don't mind-
If 5 years ago, we upgraded from 6 to the next version, would we have gotten this error? If yes, does this mean there are a bunch of users that have been clicking OK for years?

If no, at what point does the problem start happening?

Thanks in advance!!!
Platinum Super Contributor

While I don't have the in-depth technical details as to what causes the message...

The issue is specific to Sage ACT! 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 5 (and 6).  If your installation is 2011 SP1 Hot Fix 4 (or earlier build), the error is not presented.

It only applies to databases that were once in V6 and converted to 2011, even if the database was converted to prior versions of ACT! (2005 through 2010).  Databases 'created' in any version after V6 are not affected.

Since this is ACT! 2011 specific, there aren't users that will have been clicking OK for years. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg - that makes a LOT more sense. I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled 2011 and used HF4 and no issues!!
Highlighted
DMI

I've encountered the same error message in v16 (upgraded from v6) when clicking "Detail View" in the "Companies" section. My specific application version is 16.1.207.0.