Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Incorrect syntax near 'B' - In Groups

Incorrect syntax near 'B' - In Groups

I know the last person wrote several months ago, but I'm just running into this error now, I am using the following:

ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1, English (United States)Sage Software SB, Inc.

In my situation, we have a server in the office, who the owner is the administrator on.  I am in my office (duh).  We've used the software for a long time now with no issues, but for some reason today I ran into this.  It is happening when....

I, for the first time, have added Groups.  I started with Group 'A', then added all its subgroups.  Then, I started w/ Group 'B' and added all its subgroups.  At that point, I realized that all of Group 'B' and its subgroups had a lock next to them.  I didn't intentionally make them private, so I went to Group 'B', changed the Group Info page to say "Public."  All was well.  Next I went to the first subgroup under Group 'B' and went to its Group Info page and changed it to "Public."  It is at that point that if I try to click out of that subgroup it gives the following error message:

Incorrect syntax near 'B'.

My only way around it is by changing the Group Info page back to "Private" and then moving off like normal.

I have then since changed my default to when I create groups to "Public,"  and after doing that I cannot even create a new group without the error message coming up.

I saw that you mentioned doing a database repair, which I would imagine requires an administrator.  Do you have any other suggestions????

Thanks,

Keith Roberts

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Incorrect syntax near 'B' - In Groups

Re: Incorrect syntax near 'B' - In Groups

Thanks Mike.  I'll try suggesting that to her.

Thanks,

Keith