Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Incorrect data in date fields

Copper Contributor

Incorrect data in date fields

Act! Premium 19.2.146.0

We have recently started an issue with date fields.  It was first noticed when 2 colleagues were in the same contact, both had different dates in the date fields.  It then progressed to showing dates in fields that's should be blank for certain contacts- eg new contacts.

Our support suggested either pressing F5 every time we go into a contact or recreating the fields & copying the dates across; tech support had told them it could be a legacy issue from a previous version, so recreating the fields would resolve the issue.

F5 seemed a silly option as surely Act! refreshes when you choose a different contact.

We have created new date fields & copied the dates across - unfortunately this has NOT solved the issue.

Any ideas would be extremely appreciated.

Re: Incorrect data in date fields

Hi Becky,

Just to be certain are you accessing Act via a web browser? we had some refresh issues in the past but should of been resolved in recent builds.

Are the field custom fields or system create (Example: DOB) also Is it only these date fields that appear to not refresh on changing contact? 

Copper Contributor

Hi Dan

No not accessing Act via a web browser.  They are all custom fields and only seems to be a problem with dates (that we've noticed).

Very odd have no heard of this type of issue in the desktop version. Could it be that when 2 people are on the same contact and one user will update information, the page will not refresh itself unless using F5 or navigating away. 

In case this is something to do with the Date field type itself. can you try creating a date/time field and see if it reacts the same way.

If i does not it maybe an odd refresh defect.

Copper Contributor

Neither user updated any information.  When we create a new contact is occasionally shows 'dates' even though we have not yet input any.

I have created new date fields already hoping it would solve the problem - still the same though!

As you have recreated the field would it be possible to recreate as Date/Time field in case there is some odd issue with date fields in your database.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Dan, I'll give it a try

Copper Contributor

Hi Dan

Eventually get the same problem with the date/time field.

I've been playing with our 'test' database & it's taken approx. 25 minutes to recreate the issue.  Act! started to get slower & slower so opened task manager.

When it finally happened by Act memory was 772.4 MB, after closing & reopening it sits between 216-219 MB.  Could this be a memory issue which only seems to affect date fields? 

I added an attachment - the top image is where there dates have not refreshed, the bottom image is after I pressed F5.

Copper Contributor

Sorry - should have said on the images look at DD1 Date & DD1 test

Thank you for the screenshots.

What was the steps to recreate the issue so I can replicate with my own database. I have created both a date and a date/time without having an issue.

At the moment I am leaning towards an issue with the table which holds the date fields, would it be possible to try and replicating this issue in a new database to see if continues and if the memory usage starts to decrease.

If you have not already, please ensure a backup has been taken of your database in case there is any table damage.