Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Incoming Phone Call Screen Popups

Tuned Listener

Incoming Phone Call Screen Popups

My company uses Toshiba Strata Call Manager (used to be NetPhone) to manage calls and messages.  It used to be that when there was an incoming call, it would initiate a "Screen Pop" bringing up the ACT Contact information associated with the incoming phone number.  It appears that this was done using a DDE message sent to ACT or an add-on enabler.  However, this no longer seems to work.  It hasn't worked for some time, even before we upgraded to Sage ACT! 2012.  (In fact, I have not seen it work, as I am fairly new.)  My assumption is that the settings need to be tweaked to get this to work again, but I cannot find any documentation or threads that talk about how to communicate with ACT! via DDE.  Has anyone had success getting Strata, or something like it, to work with ACT! in this way? 

I know that there are things like Dial IT that will do this kind of thing, but I'm not really looking for a new software to purchase and install, I would like to just get the functionality from the current software that we used to have.  Is this possible?  Does ACT! even support DDE anymore?

Thanks,

Kadon Hodson

Technology Officer

TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas

Kadon Hodson
Technology Officer
TCK - The Trust Company of Kansas
khodson@tckansas.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Incoming Phone Call Screen Popups

DDE was pretty much replaced by OLEDB in ACT! as it was in most software systems.