Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Inbound/Outbound calls

Inbound/Outbound calls

Hi,

I recently just started using ACT! Premium at my new place of employment.  Haven't used it in about 5 yrs and have a couple of questions.  We have no add-ons and probably not likely to get them for a while.  All I want to do is manually log an inbound or outbound call so that it is in my history.  I feel like I'm missing something.  I'm used to a competitive product and I simply can't believe this is available.  I know I can schedule a call, but that isn't what I want to do.

Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Thanks
Sandy
Sandy
Copper Contributor

Re: Inbound/Outbound calls

Hi Sandy,

Unfortunately I do believe you need an add-on to do this... ACT!'s Dialer is not exactly its strongest feature.  Go to Tools | Preferences | Communication tab and then click on Dialer Preferences.

See this thread for information about telephony add-ons... http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=850

jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Sandy,

If you do not want to use an add-on which will automate the process and simply want to log when you have a made a call or received a call, you can manually record history under the History Tab.

If you click on the History Tab, there will be an icon to 'Record History' You can enter in all details on this screen and will record the item to History.

Thanks, I can't believe I missed it.  This will work for what we want to do. The cost per phone to do  TAPI or another add-on is too much at this time.

Sandy
Sandy
Copper Contributor

Wow... I'm such a geek!  Totally missed that you were just looking for a manual solution.  Sorry about that...  doh! Smiley Wink
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Platinum Elite Contributor