Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

In Layout Designer - resize panels

In Layout Designer - resize panels

[ Edited ]

I am trying to increase the size of my tabs panel. Properties won't allow me to change it. How do I do this?

Copper Contributor

Re: In Layout Designer - resize panels

Increase the size of the tabs panel in what way?

when I am working in Layout Designer, I need to be able to add field to the lower part of a tab panel. However, there is no scroll bar to go below what it displayed, so I need to somehow enlarge tabs section of Layout Designer. I don't need so much space for the upper section (the contact info)

Copper Contributor

I am able to add a field near the 'bottom,', and resize it to go below the bottom (basically, the top of it will be in the green dotted area, and the bottom of it will extend into the white area). Once I do that resize a scroll bar appears so I am able to scroll down, and the whole field is available in the tab. I have several custom tabs whose information requires the scroll bar to get to the bottom.

I have field with only their tops showing at the bottom, but no scroll bar.

I should say, I have no scroll bar that works on the tabs area to show the rest of those fields. I do have a scroll bar for the full window, but it doesn't display the rest of those fields in the tabs panel.

Copper Contributor

Try looking at the properties box when on a customer tab (click somewhere on the background to bring up the general tab properties). Near the bottom under "layout" there's an autoscroll option--try changing that to true, and then try what I did with the fields.

That did it. Thanks!

What do you have for your Auto Scroll Marg and Min?

Copper Contributor

I don't think I ever edited them, but they're set to 0, 0 for each and that works for us.

Many thanks for your help.