Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

In Layout Designer, Select Field function how to get all options to display?

cb6
Copper Contributor

In Layout Designer, Select Field function how to get all options to display?

ACT! Premium 2012
Windows 7

The big picture question: In Layout Designer, how do I get all the field options to display in the Select Field function?

More information:  In Layout Designer, one I create a new field, I am not able to define the field as what I like.

When I am prompted to Select Field, only a short list of field options are displayed.....even though I am sure the field type I desire has already been created.

Here's what I've been doing:

1) In Layout Manager I create a new field.

empty_field.JPG

2) I double click the empty field in order to define it. In this case, I'd like to call it "Home Address 1", yet that option is not presented to me as you can see in the screen shot below:

select_field_missing.JPG

3) I click "New Field" to create the field option "Home Address 1" (even though I know it already exists). As predicted, I get the error message "A field named Home Address 1 already exists. Choose a new field name."

home address 1.JPG

4) To double check that Home Address 1 does indeed exist , I exit Layout Designer and select Tools > Define Fields. I see that Home Address 1 does indeed exist as a field option.

home_address_01_is_there.JPG

To recap: I am not seeing all my Field options in Layout Designer and do not know how to proceed. 

Any thoughts out there?

Employee

Re: In Layout Designer, Select Field function how to get all options to display?

Make sure it's not already on your layout somewhere else. You can open the toolbox on the left hand side by hitting F4. At the top should be a drop down box where you can select a field/label etc from the list and see it's properties.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
cb6
Copper Contributor

Re: In Layout Designer, Select Field function how to get all options to display?

Oooooh. I did not realize that a field can only appear on the layout once. This solved my problem. Thank you.