05-14-2013 05:42 PM
Was wondering if you can import a list of email addresses (unsubscribes) into ACT and then change the Marketing permissions of the contacts to 'No'??? So they dont recieve any further emails from us???
05-14-2013 09:48 PM
05-14-2013 10:09 PM
I am using sendblaster as our emarketing, the list is generated from our unsubscribe link from our website. I just want to change the marketing permissions of all the contacts in ACT that have clicked the unsubscribe link on our website... ie import the list of emails and merge sort of thing...
Can it be done???
05-14-2013 10:26 PM
So how are you building the list, direct from ACT! and then exporting to Sendblaster?
Seems that ideally you could use Swiftpage and not have the problem as you could select the opt-outs and do abulk update to ACT!
05-15-2013 11:02 AM
It can be done.
To do this:
- Set Duplicate Checking to use the email field (Tools > Preferences > Admin tab)
- Select an unused field in your database (ex: User 10)
- Edit your list of email addresses from Sendblaster, to include a new column with the field name selected (file should only contain 2 columns, the email address and the new field)
- Add an identifiable value to each record in the list within the new column (ex: 'nomail')
- Create a backup of the database (File > Backup)
- Use the import function (File > Import) to import the file > select Custom > set options to 'merge'
Depending on the field you want to update (Marketing Permissions), with 'User 10' updated, you can then do a Lookup for the value to get a list of applicable contacts. Within the Contact List view, use the Edit > Replace Data option to update the 'Marketing Permissions' field to 'no'.