05-27-2013 09:44 AM
I've been attempting to import from a database that contains many contacts marked as private. The import completes successfully with no errors, but all the contacts are marked as public.
- The destination database is a new, empty database that contains additional custom fields. I checked the mapping and it shows that 'Private Contact' is mapped to 'Private Contact' (default).
- To retain the record manager, I followed the instructions in the article: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22050/kw/import%20to%20empty%20database. It failed to retain private contacts whether or not I retained the record manager.
- I ran actdiag on the empty destination database prior to import (and after import) and no errors were found (check, repair, reindex, and the databaser rebuild functions)
I also tried to export a small sample of data from the source database to the empty database, and the same set of results as above occurred.
05-30-2013 09:25 AM
Some additional background:
- The source db had some structural issues (actdiag revealed errors on database rebuild/OLEDB 2.0 reporting object). Tech support had suggested to have Database Service attempt repairs, or recreate the structure from scratch (over 150 custom fields). Database Services was unable to repair, so the database structure was created from scratch.
- When I attempted to import to a new, empty database (with no custom fields), it did properly retain private contacts, so it appears that there's a bug in ACT that's preventing proper import when certain custom fields exist.