Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing emails into ACT Premium with Web Prospect

Importing emails into ACT Premium with Web Prospect

Hi,

We have been using ACT for some time and our leads come through our website in email format. We have been using web prospect to import the emails into ACT on an ongoing basis.

However, we have recently been having a lot of issue with Web Prospect and importing emails into ACT. I have searched to find solutions but have yet to come across them.

I have two questions:

1. Is there anyone who has also had issues like this and can offer advice?

2. Can anyone recommend another software which is more robust and easier to use than Web Prospect

Happy to provide more info if necesarry.

Thanks,

Landon

Silver Contributor

Re: Importing emails into ACT Premium with Web Prospect

[ Edited ]

Langdon, we have used Web Prospect from Northwoods for a long time both internally and with our clients.  I still believe bang for the buck, it's just about the best tool out there.  However, getting support has been a challenge at times.

what problems are you having?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Super Contributor

I've worked on this site, and hit a wall, so I'm glad Landon is posting here to solicit other thoughts and ideas.

Let me give some background for everyone, please read, then please post back with your thoughts/ideas.

There are multiple sources of email inbound, some from web site forms controlled by the company Landon is with (hereafter called the Company), these emails are text and have been able to be parsed and imported into ACT! By Web Prospect. We've used Classic parsing.

Some inbound emails too come from site that are not controlled by the Company, they are from a third party site form, emailed to a third party person. These are then forwarded to the email mail box that Web Prospect checks on. These email are HTML and CSS heavy. These are the primary problem.

We've created a number of new Patterns for the Freeform parser. However, each email is recognised by WP as unique and not matching any existing pattern.

When 'training' the Freeform Parser, we've match every part of the email, no bit's left un-matched. Still each inbound email registers as unique and not matching an existing pattern.

Because we can't alter the originating form, or direct the originating form to send directly to WP mailbox we're left with leads that are not being imported.

Would welcome any thoughts.

As Jon has mentioned, we've also found getting support is a challenge. But in my mind, the ideal outcome here would be that someone tells me the magic button to press, or have Landon liaise directly with Northwoods or with an ACC more experienced with Web Prospect than I. We (Evolution Marketing) do have a number of clients using WP (we love it), but in all other cases I've been able to modify the originating form to avoid the issue we're having here.

Silver Contributor

Ben, i'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'd be happy to take a look. Please post or email me a sample posting and i'll see if I can help.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider