Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing contacts from one ACT database to another

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Importing contacts from one ACT database to another

This question is regarding importing contacts from one ACT 2008 Premium Database to another. 

I have imported roughly 2000 contacts from one existing ACT database to another ACT database.  All contacts were imported.  All notes.  All history, but none of the Activities.  The 2 databases have 2 different layouts, but do not have any custom Activity Series' or custom Activity Types or if there are custom Activity Types, they are not being used.  I've gone to the Knowledge Base and read Best Practices for Import and Exporting Data from One ACT Database to Another ACT Database, but this isn't telling me anything I don't already know.  I've only tried this once, but thought I'd check here before trying again.

Thanks,

Carey 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author charter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Importing contacts from one ACT database to another

Thanks for the reply Mike.  Yes, both user names are exactly the same. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Solution
Accepted by topic author charter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Mike.  Yes, both user names are exactly the same. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

I would check the settings for Merge Options (make sure you select to include other users public activities)

Thank you Mike.  The Merge Options were all set properly, including other users Public Activities.  I believe there's a corrupt contact, history or activity, etc.  I tried this again.  All of the contacts came over.  Some of the history came over.  None of the activities came over.  The export completes with no errors, but with only some of the history coming over and none of the activities, I'm wondering if there's some corruption during the history portion of the export?  I believe the contacts come over first, then the history, then the activities.  I have done a test on 3 contacts and the history and activities came over.  At this point, I think we're going to take chunks of 100 and see if we can get all info to export properly.  Any other assistance would be much appreciated.

Carey