Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing contact call histories from another software program

Importing contact call histories from another software program

I've been able to import some contact records from my old contact management software but I don't know where or how to import the old comment history and tasks.  How do I get it to show up in tasks or history?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing contact call histories from another software program

I can't answer how to export your notes from the other program, but if you can export them to a CSV file you can import them into Act!.  Here are the steps used for Outlook notes, it may help: Import Outlook Notes
Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you actually want to import into ACT!'s Histories or Activities, you need an add-on program such as itImport

Nickel Super Contributor

What a great idea - I never thought of using that solely for the purpose of bringing notes in... 

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Copper Contributor

Yes, we have used IT-Import quite regularly to import our client data into tables of ACT! like the Notes, Histories, Activities and Opportunities. Groups and companies too. Works very well. All you need is a CSV or TXT file and IT-Import will do the rest for you.

If you don't want to actually buy IT-Import (seeing as you'll probably only use it once then not again), we can actually do it for you as a service - often the cheaper option. Hope that helps.

Cedric Amoyal
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Contact Group
www.thecontactgroup.com.au