Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing companies from Excel fails

Importing companies from Excel fails

Hello,

I have done some imports (companies) to ACT before, but now I had the difficult that the company wizard does not show up the "company" field name. Even I import some data, they will be shown up as a string of letters and numbers in the company field.

Even though, if I export my data, the company field name shows up (in the export). It can be also accessed via the "rename function".

Does anyone have / have had the same problem?

Best thanks in advance!

Btw: I am using ACT 9, including the latest SP. I also did a database repair.
Copper Contributor

Re: Importing companies from Excel fails

yes I have the same problem see my posting as  importing sales leads as companies

Copper Contributor

I found the solution is contain within the text file itself, a little clean up and the company field is available to map to.

apparantly the wizard has to see a connection to be able to provide a selection to the field.

in my case a few extra spaces in the company header was the source of the problem, once that was fixed I was able to import without any issues.

Susan

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

This is a known issue.

Open up your *.csv file and make sure the header for the company column is spelled *exactly* as below:

Company

if you do not capitalize the 'C' the program will not see that column for some reason. Let me know if this helps you

Kind regards,

Cesc 

Message Edited by CrazyCesc4 on 07-05-2008 11:47 PM