Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing client info from .doc and or pdf into act 2008 premium

Importing client info from .doc and or pdf into act 2008 premium

I am trying to import client information into sage act 2008 premium from word (.doc) and or from pdf files. I have being trying many different methods with no success. Please can someone help me its driving me up the wall.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing client info from .doc and or pdf into act 2008 premium

Hello nicholas,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Unfortunately it is not possible to import data from a .pdf or .doc file. The supported file formats are .csv and .txt, as ACT! needs fields/columns in order to match data for importing. You may be able to convert or copy this data into a .txt file or into Excel then import it. Try copying the contents of the Word or PDF into Notepad then saving as a .txt file. Then in Excel, go to Data/Import. Choose as the file type a .txt file. It should then take you through a wizard to format the data in columns. Edit and clean up the sheet as needed Then save this file in .csv format import into ACT!. There may be an add-on product that can do this. Visit www.sagepss.com or www.actaddons.com for a catalog of ACT! add-ons.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Importing client info from .doc and or pdf into act 2008 premium

Hi, nicholas.

I wonder whether it can be accomplished by some 3rd party PDF toolkits or Word toolkits? And have you tried the way offered by Ghollister? Did it work well?

Best regards,

Arron