Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing act 2010 standard database from broken pc to new pc.

Importing act 2010 standard database from broken pc to new pc.

HELP PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!

I cant figure out how to import .pad database from broken pc(old server) to new pc(new server). This is Windows 7 64 bit

1. In old pc I had a main .pad database synchronizing with two other laptops in office.

2. this including rdb database from laptops synchronizing to main pc(server).

3. i see in the C:/users/ACT/ACT/ACT12/databases -->> there are some .pad and adf files " for main database for main pc and RDB files that two laptops dumped on main pc(old pc)"

The questions is

1.  How to I import main database files and other two RDB database to fresh install on new pc.

2. How do I re synchronize the two laptops to (new pc).

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Importing act 2010 standard database from broken pc to new pc.

Hello Tdn.tdn.n,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with instructions for moving a database: KB Article 23392

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello Greg,

I tried that it did 'nt work. Remeber Im on ACT 2010, Standard edition, I tried the act diag anyway,It says it "Could not conect to SQL Server Instance Click Yes to continue anyway, No to restart Actdiag, Cancel to close" When I click yes to continue anyways, Sqlexceptopn unable to open database.

Also How do I re synchronize previous users to this main databse when this does work?

You should be able to move the database and retain sync by updating the connection information.  Here is an article with the steps to both move the database and update the sync info: KB Article 19817

If you are getting the errors on the new computer when attempting to open ActDiag, you may have an SQL service that is not started or failed to install.  Use the instructions in this article to determine if the service is installed (but not started) or non-existant: KB Article 28216

If the service was not started, start it and test by creating a new database (File > New Database).  If successful, attempt to open the moved database.

If the service does not exist, you will need to attempt to install it again.  Uninstall ACT! and Microsoft SQL Server (all components), then use the following article to install SQL (without ACT! included).  If it is successful, install ACT! and attempt to open the moved database.  Article: KB Article 24366

Greg Martin
Sage

Additional note: Only uninstall Microsoft SQL Server in it's entirety if no other programs are using SQL.
Greg Martin
Sage