Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Record Manager for Companies

Importing Record Manager for Companies

I am using ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162. When setting up the import map for company records, I can select the Record Manager field from the drop down list, but the final import always has my user name as the record manager, regardless of the data in the source field. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? ( it works fine for contact records )
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Record Manager for Companies

This may be because you are the only user in the target database, so when the record is created via the import, you are the Record Manager. You will need to export the Users from the souurce database to the target database prior to doing the import:

- Do a lookup for user records in the source, then export that just that Lookup to the target database

- Create the Users (Tools/Manage Users) in the target database and link them to the user records you just imported in

- Make the user name you assign for each in the target exactly matches the user name in the source

Then import the rest of the data and the Record Managers should be properly assigned.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for your reply Greig.

I do have users already set up in the ACT database. When importing contact records, the record manager field imports correctly, using the info from the source. It is when I try to import company records( from a csv file) that I have a problem. During import, via the import map dialog box, the record manager data appears to be correct for each record. After importing, however, the record manager for all records imported is listed with my user name(presumably because I did the import). Is there a way that I can now change the record manager for multiple company records at once? I have tried doing a lookup, to list a group of records, and then use the Replace Field command from The EDIT menu. Alas, this does not work. I would appreciate any help as I don't have time( or the desire) to manually edit > 1300 records, one at a time.

Dave

Copper Contributor

Dave,

What you described is still an issue in 2010 premium (unless sombady has figured out a work around) Contacts can be "replace field" but Companies cannot.

Randy