Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Products List issues

Importing Products List issues

I keep getting the following error message when I import a product list in CSV file? What makes a product valid/invalid? The Excel list was created all in the same style and format by the same person? Any help would be great.

723 of the 783 products in C:\...\...\...\pricelist2.csv are invalid. Imported only the valid products.

Re: Importing Products List issues

A little more info..... When I open this file in notepad I noticed the items that are not importing have " in the desctiption. These " " are not in the spreadsheet, it apperas they are being added in exporting to CSV. Heres what I am seeing-

CAMIP1,"IP Camera Surge Protector - Single Channel, Multi-Stage",0.0000,110.0000

If I remove the quotes and save the file as a .txt file and import it it does not correct the issue?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Importing Products List issues

I had this problem a while back, too.  I went to the item where the Import failed and discovered that the NAME was too long for the field.  So I had to shorten the name.  I think the field is somewhere around 64 characters that are allowed.  ACT doesn't like single quotes either.  That caused our other problem which we resolved.