Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Failure

Importing Failure

Hi All,
We are using ACT! Premium 2008 and have customized it to gather information about prospects.  We regularly import up to 150 contacts, many of whom are already in the system.  Some of their information has changed (like address) or information has been added.  We have used the import feature with success in the past.  It would add additional information and update information that had changed.

Recently the importing function has stopped working completely. Although it looks like it is working and will even show that it is finding matches...nothing is changed or added to the matched contacts.  I tried some of the suggestions listed, but nothing with success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is a key feature that we need to work well or we will need to use another contact solution.

Thanks,

Brendan
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Failure

ACT!'s import won't just update specific fields... it will update the contact and you'll lose data.

You might try itImport which is much more powerful. You can download a trial to test it on a max import of 10 records

Mike, I have been an ACT! user for many years and have never encountered the problems I am having trying to import a 2300 row CSV file.  I've done this many times before without incident.  Using ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.0.182.  I have multiple categories for each contact that were exported from Outlook.  Could that be an issue?
Platinum Elite Contributor

What sort of problems are you having?

I'd definately update to 8.02 - if sharing or syncing the database all system will need to be updated. If syncing, also update with Hotfix 5 from this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1842...