Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Division Names

Importing Division Names

I posted this on the regular users forum, then I noticed the premium forum. Please excuse this if the two are the same. I trying to import (text file) company records into a database as follows: School District (as Company Name) -> School Name (as division) -> Teacher Name (as Contact), I am not sure how to format my text files so as to not keep overwriting the Company Name Files. The import wizard shows that the division can be mapped to, but when I try the Company Name gets overwritten and the division doesn't show up. I have tried to leave off the company in the mapping, but the division still doesn't show up and I get a system assigned filler number in the company field. I have no problem importing the Contacts or Company Information, it's the Division that gives me fits. Any ideas? BTW: We are using 2008 Prem V 10.?? Thanks, Les
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Importing Division Names

It's the same.

Pretty sure you cann't import divisions in ACT! normally

If it's important, you might try itImport to do this. I've just checked, and it can

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version of ACT! here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.