Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Contacts from Gmail

Importing Contacts from Gmail

I have been trying my hands on Act! Premium 2012. I somehow managed to import nearly 1000 contacts from Gmail most of which are blank with their email as their name. Now when switching between detail view & list view, every time my contacts increase by 4-7 randomly.

So lets say if I click on a contact's detail view, my total number of contacts shown is 1017. Now when I switch back to list view, the contacts automatically increase to 1022. This keeps on repeating every time I switch between list & detail view. This has started to annoy me. 
Besides, google import doesn't seems to work. The synchronization is not able to get all the 2500+ contacts that I have in Gmail. I exported them in a .csv file and imported them into Act!. Now I have over 600 contacts from the total contacts that have their email addresses as their contact names or just their contact name with out any email addresses. 

I am trying to keep things simple so as to reduce any chances of mistakes that I make while importing.

I know Sage Act! is a powerful tool and has been around for quite a long time. What surprises me is a lack of how-tos & tutorials available for new users. Which actually is quite frustrating.

Any pointers from the contributors around here will be highly appreciated.

Re: Importing Contacts from Gmail

I was able to progress a bit further in to this. I was able to import almost 2000 contacts. I have now over 1800+ "blank" contacts. Any ideas?

I am searching on the web but I am not able to find any discussions or reference to this problem. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!