Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Importing Company Records and Keeping Contacts In Tact

Tuned Listener

Importing Company Records and Keeping Contacts In Tact

I have a main database that I do not want to mess up. So, I have created some empty duplicate databases to use. Most of the rosters I have from organizations I belong to are contact style records with company name and single contact name. I import from Excel into Act Pro 2011 and then use Company Wizard to create the Company record for each contact. Now I want to take the this database and export into my main database. Unless I am missing something, I can only export as a Company or a Contact. I do not see where I can export the Company while maintaining the linked Contact. Am I missing something. I would think this would be a common task. Any help appreciated.

Re: Importing Company Records and Keeping Contacts In Tact

Chemsales,

When you are in the database that has the linked contacts/company data, and you export directly to the other Act! database, make sure you select Company and contact.  When you select them both the only thing is that you won't be able to do a custom lookup, it sends all data in the current database.  If you have them both linked, it should retain the link in the target database.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Tuned Listener

Re: Importing Company Records and Keeping Contacts In Tact

Thank you!