Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import of tab delimited file not finding duplicates records

Import of tab delimited file not finding duplicates records

ACT! 2009 Premium:

I am importing a tab delimited file from a registration form for a training class.  I have set the Duplicates Checking for Contact and Company and enabled.  When importing the file, I have set the Contact Merge Options to Confirm Each Match.  It is set to Merge any Duplicates.  However, the Wizard does not find the records which should be flagged as duplicates.  (I am only merging one record, and I know the Contact and Company are a match with an existing record.)

Am I expecting the correct response from ACT?  Is there a setting I do not understand?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import of tab delimited file not finding duplicates records

You may want to verify that the data in the source file and your database are an exact match for those two fields. Make sure your source file data does not contain any punctuation or spacing differences from the data in ACT!. Also, it has to match exactly on both fields to be considered a duplicate. Another option you may want to consider is using Excel to convert the file to a comma-delimited .csv file and try importing that.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.