Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import multi-column Excel into Act 2010

Import multi-column Excel into Act 2010

Hi,

I am new to Act! by Sage. Currently I am using Act 2010

I have an excel file which contents multiple columns for Company Name, Contact Name, Contact Phone number, etc... And I would like to import to Act.

Could you tell me a simple way to import all these data into act at once? I have read that there is a "mapping" funtion but I could not use it to match the Company name and Contact Name, nor Contact name and Contact Phone number?

Any helps would be great

JN

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Import multi-column Excel into Act 2010

Just to clarify, do you have one column in Excel for "Company", one column for "Contact" , one column for "Phone" etc.?  If so, during the import, be sure to select the option that you are importing contacts (no groups or companies), do not use a predefined map, then you should be able to map the column to the Contact field, Company field, etc.

Also, is your spreadsheet in .csv format?

Here are a few knowledge base articles that might help

How to import a .csv file into ACT!

Importing from .csv does not import all columns

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

@mikematt: Yes, I have each column for Company, Contact Name, Contact Number, Address, etc...

My main usage of Act is for Sales job, i.e. tracking sales progress, watching sales stage and keep in touch with Company.

Since I know Act is primarily used to manage Contact, would it be efficient enough to manage Company (my main lead)? Or I have to use CRM software?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Thank you for your tips and the links. I found out that although I can import company data but I have to "link" the contact and the company manually by clicking and selecting each. There is a 3rd party add-on doing this but I could not be bother since I have only 400 pairs to "link".

Thanks