Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import Issues / User settings?

Import Issues / User settings?

Hello!

We have 2 different users using ACT by Sage Premium.  We have noticed that only one of the users (Scott) can import files saved as txt.  Because he registered the product, does that mean he is the only one that will have access to importing files onto the 2009 software?

We have played around with the settings and I am under "Administrator."  We double checked all the fields to make sure that I have the same permissions as he does, but whenever I try to import things over, it gives me an error message and when we log on under his user name, it goes through fine.

Can someone please assist?  Is there a glitch?

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import Issues / User settings?

Hello Amy,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. So the Community can better assist you, please provide the error message your are receiving when trying to import in the .txt file. Also, are you able to import in file saved in .csv format?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Import Issues / User settings?

Hi Greg,

A window pops up and it tells me that I have the option to create a duplicate contact info and I can press OK or Skip.  I click OK and then the same window pops up again.  I click OK and then it acts as if it finishes, but when I click Lookup - Company, it doesn't show, so it didn't import over.  I haven't tried using a .csv file because everything is setup for .txt conversion, including the loaded Map.

Amy