Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import/Exporting SubGroup Contacts

Copper Contributor

Import/Exporting SubGroup Contacts

I had to export my database into a new one.  Everything appears to have come over except for the contacts of subgroups.  The subgroup names came over but no contacts.  The groups came over with contacts.  How do I bring over the subgroup names now?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Import/Exporting SubGroup Contacts

Were the contacts brought over, but not linked to the sub-group?

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | About)?

Copper Contributor

Yes, all contacts brought over.  They show up under groups, but none show up under subgroups.  I'm running ACT for Premium Workgroups 2008 (v 10.0.3) and Windows XP

Copper Contributor

I just did a new database.  We have much customization so I had many fields to re-create.  It's moot at this point - I've had to do many workarounds because we have been dead in the water not being able to use ACT.  I will recreate subgroups as needed. Sage had me create a new database because the old one must have been corrupted.  It wouldn't let me export or import databases or text files.  They had me update to 10.0.3 afterwhich I still couldn't export or import but now couldn't sync and there was no going back.  So, everyone, including remotes have been updated, new remote db's created, syncing working well until yesterday when it stopped working on some machines.  I now must hire an ACT guru to check out what's going on - our IT people have no idea and I need us to be functioning. The directions from the knowledge database depict things we do not see and therefore cannot follow. Very frustrating. Thank you for your interest and assistance.

I'd merge all the remotes into one central database. Then do all the repairs listed in this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...

If all else fails, get help from one of the consultants listed at www.act.com/acc - if you post your location, I'll let you know if I can personally recommend any near you