Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Import Defined fields from one database to another

Import Defined fields from one database to another

dear all. i am currently runnung a trial version of Sage ACT! 2013. i am doing a test database before starting the actual database. i already defined a number of fields and dropdown lists.

can these fields and drop down lists be imported into another database and if yes how?

thanks in advance

Silver Contributor

Re: Import Defined fields from one database to another

Not imported, but you can save an empty copy of your customized database . With that would come the field structure you have created.

File, Sage As, empty copy.

if you have been using another database already and want your changes to go into your existing database, you would not be able to push the field definitions to the new database.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

can you explain the second part better please? when you mention an existing database you mean one imported from another software or an earlier version of sage ACT

another thing, can i import contact details from sage 50? that is what we currently use and will start using sage act along with it
Silver Contributor

The steps you would follow would first be to create the field definitions in target datbase, then import the data.

With regard to an earlier version of ACT, you would first need to convert the database to the current version (sameas the target database) then do an import. you can't import from a different version.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider