Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Impact Suite

Copper Contributor

Impact Suite

While I understand that Impact Suite is not related to SwiftPage the forum links on the antiquated web site lead here!

I am wondering if anyone actually subscribes to the add-on and whether you have found that it is sluggish! It has not been updated in a long while and I am considering cancelling my subscriptions.

I have spent considerable time setting up tables and tracking client appointments to referrals and diagnostic test results. While this has been successful, the Word Template feature actually strips out WORD controls and limits templates and the program seems to need restarting on a regular basis. The extended Calendar features are great but I have to often restart ACT! as my appointment disappear changing week views. All in all it just frustrating.

I have tried to ask for support but there seems some kind on communication block and emails are often unanswered and questions cryptically answered.  I am left wondering if I have unfortunately made the wrong decision in investing in this product - especially since I had to buy two subscription  licences as it is licensed per machine and not per seat in ACT! I find it unhelpful that there is no user forum and no indication if the product is still being developed.

Is there another add-in out there that will:

1.  accept tables exported out of ACT!/Impact Suite

2.  track customers into purchase orders

3. Allow fields from any Table to be used in WORD Templates AND maintain the WORD docx standard.

4. Allow Activities to be tracked into  Purchase Orders related to individual customers.

5  work on two separate computers using a single seat/license.

I am a single operator but use a book-keeper to use appointments to invoice and generate data reports. I link ACT! to Quickbooks/Reckon Accounts with XACT software and utilise Time-Billing to keep track of the hours I consult. I sync between two surface pro computers but using only one seat/user. I do not need two separate seats.

At the moment I am using ACT! PRO but have just taken out a subscription going forward that will allow me to go Premium. Still not sure that the extra cost will translate into anything better!!!

Perhaps I need to be abandoning ACT! as well and look for an industry specific solution. However, thus far, I have found ACT! flexible enough to shape to my needs even though it has struggled to keep up and has not developed important user functionality.

I would be grateful if someone could steer me in the right direction.

Rennie

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Impact Suite

I have asked Jim Durkin to respond and help you.

Copper Contributor

Any News from Jim Durkin? What IS the future of Impact Suite?
Copper Contributor

Still no communication from Jim Durkin; Privately, on the Web Site or on this Forum!

Well, if anyone is actually using Impact Suite 7.1 and upgrading to ACT! v19 then be aware that it does not work! This is particularly important for those people that use the extended calendar function and have created fields and data for activities and are reliant on that information. Impact Suite uses a hidden table to make a 1:1 connection to an activity and the Impact Suite fields that you have created. If the add-in does not work then you cannot access these fields. This is something that needed to be listed on the Impact Suite Web Site and users needed to emailed this information so that they could delay committing to ACT! v19. Our time is worth money as well!

The good news is that in the last couple of days a "Preview" version has appeared on the Web Site. It has not explanation as to what works and what does not work. The "What's New" section does not mention anything even though that is the usual place to list updates and announce changes.

I can report that the calendar function is working again although I had to re-setup a couple of things to be able to see those specific fields on the calendar. I use it to record Session No and Referral Types on my calendar.

I will ask this question in separate thread as well. Could someone guide me on how to export the data from the Calendar extension table - linked to date of meeting and contact so that I can make another child table. I think the best way to go is to make Contact a parent to a Referral Table (child) and a Data Table (child). The Data Table has unique fields but is linked to an activity (meeting). Ultimately I want to populate a template with data from Contact Table, Referral Table, Data Table (related to an activity). I also have a PsychTests Table that I can access to report a particular Test result on the same Template.

The main issue I am having is getting meaningful data from the existing Calendar extension in Impact Suite. I want to preserve what I have already entered and transfer it to a new child table.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope it helps someone.