Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Images don't appear in email merges for groups

Images don't appear in email merges for groups

I am using Sage ACT! PRO 2012 and have created an e-mail template with images. When I e-mail it as a mail merge to one contact the images appear - yet when I email it to a group the contacts get a message saying "The linked image cannot be displayed.  The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted.  Verify that the link points to the correct file and location".  I am using Outlook 2010 and Word 2010.  Thanks so much!

Re: Images don't appear in email merges for groups

We just had a similar/related occurrance that I can't explain.

In our case we sent a single test email. The received email looked fine; the graphics displayed appropriately. We then forwarded the email to another address. The recipient of the forwarded email reported the issue that you reported: In the place of a picture, there was a small icon with a red x, and the message "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted....etc."

When Swiftpage sends these blasts, the images are not embedded in the emails, but "linked" with html code. The actual image is placed on a swiftpage server. I opened the email that was forwarded, and viewed the source code. In the html I found the link to the target image, copied the URL and pasted it into the address box/field and pressed [enter]. The image displayed in the browser, proving that the image had not been moved or deleted. 

So why couldn't the email client of the recipient of the forwarded message find the image? 

I don't know, and it's something I want to know how to fix (if possible).

Hi, Bob.

I wonder whether it is the problem of image viewing? How about building a web image viewer with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help view adn display the images? I am not very sure about it. But I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

I do not think it is the problem of image viewer.  It is may be the problem of outlook. Try it with a newly created profile.